RememberÂ a few weeks ago when I was working on a doggie bed for Tank?Â Here’s the final product!Â (I tried to get him to smile, but I think this face is pretty funny too… he makes it when you go: “Bonnnnngggggggg”)
Â And here are the steps I took to make it:
1) We got new bath towels, so I took an old one and dyed it green.
2) See the final product!Â (Next to a similar original white towel)
3)I bought some foam padding at the craft store down the street and cut the it so it’d fit perfectly in Tank’s crate.Â Then I cut the towel down to fit around the foam, and sewed it up with my sewing machine.
4) This was my favorite part… I used embroidery thread to do some tufting.Â It turned out pretty cute, but honestly not as cute as I had imagined.Â In the end we decided that Tank would try to destroy the thread from the tufting, so we put that part on the bottom.Â :(
5) We let him try it out before it went in the crate…He love it!
6)The before and after.Â Before all he had was a U-Haul blanket and an old scratchy rug.Â NowÂ he can use those to snuggle up with and he has a nice padded layer on the bottom.Â Success!