It’s been a while since I did a Tilly update! She’s now 2 years and 3 months, and applying to college. She feels so grown up!
- Her obsession with the color pink continues. Obsession puts it mildly!
- Last week she desperately wanted a baby sister but this week it’s a kitty cat….
- Her language skills are phenomenal – Josh’s mom is a speech therapist and tested her, she measured at 3.5-4 year old speaking levels!
- She loves to play pretend games like tea parties, puppets, and dress up. She’s also really interested in my morning routine. The other day as we were walking out the door she said “Mama! I forgot to put on my makeup!” So I let her run back and put lotion on her face, haha.
- She likes to watch TV but were trying to limit it to shows on Sprout, the PBS kids channel. They are calm and teach good lessons as opposed to others that stress both of us out!
- Daycare is going great, she goes 10-5 every day and has lots of cute little friends. The kids there are all different ethnicities. It’s like a Target ad!
- She wakes up around 6:45 and we start our bedtime routine at 8:15. That consists of 1 story on the rug, 1 story in bed, and 3-4 songs with the lights off. She’s never tried to crawl out of the crib, I think she’d be happy to stay in there forever. But she’s getting pretty heavy to lift in and out!
All in all, we are in a really good place right now. I know preschool is around the corner, but things are pretty easy going at the moment!