We’re getting close! I am definitely starting to feel more and more uncomfortable. It’s funny, for a few days I’ll feel so much tightness and pressure I think I’m going to just burst, and then after a while it seems my skin stretches out and all of a sudden I am big enough to hold this baby again. But during those few days, it’s tough. I actually had a dream that I was giving birth and a full sized man came out! (It was actually Matt Greco, for those of you who know him. Super random. I love whacko dreams!)
This past weekend my aunt & grandma came to visit for my San Francisco bridal shower! It was so lovely, and I loved showing them off to my friends and vice-versa. Everyone brought children’s books so we now have a decent sized library collection of books other than “Leaves of Grass”, “Jesus and Buddha as Brothers” and “The Cast Iron Cookbook”. Not that she won’t enjoy those one day, but maybe not just yet. :)
My doctor appointments are weekly now, and are much more “in depth” to see how far I’m cloming along. So far, everything is completely shut so I guess that’s a good sign! I’m measuring right on schedule and have gained 25 big ones. I’m not really swollen at all (my wedding band still flies off if I shake my hand really hard), and still no stretch marks. I thankmy ancestors for that!
I realized the other day that the baby’s due date will be a full moon! That is really exciting to me for some reason. I’ve been told that more babies are born on full moons than not, so I’m betting she’ll arrive exactly on schedule. (If I win, you all owe me yankee dimes).
Outside of my little world, this weekend has been such a fairy tale. There was a Royal Wedding for everyone to get swept up in, and at the very end they killed the bad guy they’ve been after for 10 years. Let’s just say I cried a lot.
3/4 of the way through. 75% done. If she pops out now, at least we’ll have a passing grade. Updates:
- crib is assembled, my office/nursery is looking more complete every day. now it’s time to add some COLOR.
- I’m tired. And emotional. Hm.
- We finally signed up for our newborn care class and my breastfeeding class at Day One in SF. We decided to forgo the birthing class (gasp!) because I think it’s a rip off ($300), we can research it endlessly in books and online, and no matter what we learn, the baby’s going to come out one way or another! My prenatal yoga classes are like birthing classes in diguise, so I’m happy with the techniques I’ve been learning there. Moms out there, what do you think, are we crazy?
- I’ve switched from Kale-Mango smoothies to Banana-Almond Butter smoothies. Such a lush.
- Weight gain so far is 18 lbs… right on track. :)
- I’ve had two dreams where I’m in labor. Good practice for me! Last night I held the baby and she had a huge cowlick in the front of her hair, just like Josh. I was in LOVE.
I have a bad case of the pregnancies today. To start, I had horrific dreams last night and woke up in tears. Then this morning I started throwing up in the shower! Sometimes I brush my teeth in the shower, and that was the trigger. So. Gross. My third and final complaint: while eating lunch I got a belly stain on my coat that’s dry clean only. DAMN!
To look on the bright side though, when I woke up in the middle of the night, sweet Josh listened to my recount and then snuggled up and helped me go back to sleep. I’m so lucky my nightmares were just imagination and not real life. I’m so so so blessed to have Josh in my life and I really do my best to not take him for granted. Okay I just started crying again just thinking about it. LEAVE ME ALONE HORMONES!
In other news, I spent most of today putting together our Earthquake go-bags and gathering supplies to earthquake proof our house. I got a little freaked out after the horrible disaster in Japan! They’re not completely done, but I got a good start. :)
Print above from Etsy seller Field Trip.