Well, our 3rd soccer season came to an end last night, still with no wins. This little movie is sure to cheer us up though. As Pol says, “We’ll score when we grow old.” Our first season overall score was 60 points to 1, and theirs is 271 to 1! Watch it, seriously, it will melt your heart.
Tag Archives: soccer
Here’s what’s been happening lately:
- I got to wear my new maternity shorts 3 days in a row! It’s so sunny I could cry.
- The doc says I’m measuring a week ahead of schedule – does that mean I’m going to deliver early or that I’m just gonna have a big baby? We’ll see!
- My mom’s coming into town for dinner this weekend! That’s 2 family visits in a month. I’m on cloud 9. :)
- I went to San Diego on Monday for about 24 hours. On my flight home, they moved me up to Economy Plus so I could be more comfortable. Good one, United! It made my day!
- Our first soccer season wrapped up last week. Final season score: 60-1. That’s right, team hero Josh Pendleton scored our one and only goal during the last game! It was pure magic. We started in a new league last night that will be more “our level”… the game score was 1-4! Not too shabby.
- But back to that sunshine. The flowers are blooming everywhere you turn – the trees are bright pink and there are wildflowers for miles. I just can’t get enough!
That means I’m in the 3rd trimester! Let’s all do a little celebration dance. Done? Okay, that was fun.
28 weeks means I’m 7 months along! Yesterday was my 7 month check up and everything’s great. I don’t have gestational diabetes, my blood’s regular and my 18 pound gainage is right about average. Baby’s been moving a lot lately and the doctor said she may be starting to go head down at this point. A little early, don’t you think? I guess she knows better than I do. (I like to classify all of her movement as “the mahoney shimmy”. If you’ve ever seen my dad dance, then you know what the mahoney shimmy is and you are better for it!)
We switched back to our original obstetrician, who I like much better. She was gone on maternity leave, but now she’s back! Hip Hip Hooray!
So… what’s been going on in our lives lately…
- Josh & I went to Catalina Island last weekend to volunteer with my work at Camp Emerald Bay. It was gorgeous and a lot of fun. There were 160+ arborists and their families in attendance! Oh yeah, and I shot my first BB gun (it was a Red Ryder) and used my first bow and arrow! Something every pregnant lady should do, don’t you think?
- We’re 5 games into our inaugural soccer season. Josh put together a team and even though we’re the worst in the league, we’re actually having fun. I swear. I’m the team mom/manager, which means I write the emails and manage substitutions from the sideline. I need to get better at my bringing of orange slices though.
- Josh and I are allegedly registering for baby stuff this weekend… I’ll keep you posted.