hi hi. Just checking in. This newborn thing is harder than I thought! Things have definitely gotten easier during the last 2.5 weeks, but every day presents us with a new challenge. Good thing Talitha is so dang cute and kissable!
I’m really looking forward to the day that she smiles back at us and reciprocates the love a little. Right now her smiles are super cute, but they are mostly a result of farting or burping, haha. This morning at 6:30 I went through 4 diapers in 10 minutes, and got peed on 3 times. I don’t really know how it happened but I just kept laughing… she is pretty remarkable.
Tank is being such a gentleman, I’m really impressed with how gentle and curious he is with the baby. You can tell he’s a little gloomy, but who wouldn’t be? We’re doing our best to give him lots of lovin when we can. I’ve just about mastered the technique of feeding the baby with one hand and giving Tank a belly rub with the other. Also taking him on a daily walk, just the two of us, is always a highlight of my day! I can play whatever loud, obscene music I want and it’s only me that can hear it. Today was Led Zeppelin, followed by Ke$ha.
Tomorrow I’m going to my first post-partum yoga class – not sure if I’ll bring Talitha or not, but she is welcome to come, according to the Yoga Tree website. How cool!
We’ve been busy lately! I’m going to write this update in bullet point format.
· Saturday we went to Soul Night at the Elbo Room – it was so fun to shake my pregnant booty to sweet 60s soul tunes! Josh was over-the-moon as you can imagine. We also took some fun pregnancy pics in the photobooth there. I’ll try to scan them in one of these days. :)
· Sunday was the superbowl, aka See How Much a Pregnant Lady Can Eat day. I succeeded, that’s all I can say. I brought maple bacon popcorn and caprese skewers, both of which were DELISH.
· I had heartburn for the first time last week, and once I figured out what it was I was fine, but it was just so uncomfortable at first! I blame my recent addiction to marinara sauce. That had to stop at some point…
· I went to Prenatal Yoga yesterday for the first time yesterday and it was not even close to what I imagined! I thought it would be a normal yoga class, just with altered positions that are more comfortable for pregnant ladies. In reality, it was like a birthing class. Everything we did was preparing us for the birthing process – this week we focused on tuning in to our “animalistic” side which was a little awkward, but I just went with it. We even went on a guided meditation to find our spiritual animal birthing guide. Mine’s a wolf – who knew?
· We had a short burst of warm days last week and it felt SO GOOD to wear shorts! I’m getting pretty tired of my 2 pairs of maternity pants: black and grey. Bo-Ring.
· Little baby has been kicking a lot more lately! Still sporadic though, so it’s hard to time it up so Josh can feel. Sometimes we sit on the couch with his hand on my belly for a while – I know it will get easier for him to feel as we progress.
· Tomorrow’s my 6 month check up! I’m always so excited for those. :)
(this is my third time trying to post this…picture is from Monday)
I’ve been on a yoga kick lately. Gotta strengthen that core! Maybe soon Tank can start coming to class with me.
Picture pinned here.